Management System Certification
In today’s highly competitive international market-place, customers, governments, stakeholders the world over are demanding organizations adopt management systems which, provides assurance of consistently safe and quality goods (product) and services.
Manufacturers and service providers must give this assurance to enable them compete favourably on the international and domestic markets.
To assist businesses in this light, the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) has established the GSA Management Systems Certification Scheme which provides certification services to International Management Systems (MS) standards such as ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001: 2015, ISO 22000:2005 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
The certification services are provided to all applicants without any discrimination.
SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION
Ghana Standards Authority performs Management Systems Certification activities, in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1/2/3 & ISO/TS 22003 for the following management system standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems – Requirements
- ISO 22000:2005 – Food Safety Management Systems – Requirements for any organization in the food chain.
- ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management Systems – Requirements with guidance for use
- OHSAS 18001:2007 – Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements
BENEFITS OF GSA MSCS SCHEME
Internal benefits to organizations include:
- Improved customer focus and process orientation within organization.
- Improved management commitment and decision-making.
- Better working conditions and increased motivation of employees.
- Reduced cost of internal failure [low rates of re-work, rejection] and external failures[replacements, complaints, returns]
- Continual improvement of the MS.
External benefits to organizations include:
- Higher customer and stakeholders satisfaction
- Improved reputation and cooperate image.
- More market competitiveness
- Opens up export markets for your products and services.
- Adds credibility and confidence -confident that organization’s products or services meet relevant international and local regulation.