Application to Access Information
An application to access information from the Ghana Standards Authority shall:
(a) be made in writing to the GSA,
(b) contain sufficient description or particulars to make identification easier,
(c) indicate the form and manner of access required,
(d) to whom the application is made, if the application is made on behalf of another person,
(e) state the name of the applicant, an address to which communication or notice can be sent,
(f) provide identification (ID) of the applicant; and
(g) be signed by the applicant.
(2) Where an applicant is unable to make the application in writing due to illiteracy or a disability, the applicant may make the request orally.
(3) Where a request is made orally under sub-section (2), the request shall be reduced into writing by the information officer to whom the applicant is made and shall give a copy of the written request as recorded and as duly authenticated to the applicant.
(4) Where the applicant is illiterate, and the request has been reduced into writing, the information officer shall:
(a) clearly and correctly read and explain the written request to the understanding of the applicant in accordance with the Illiterates` Protection Act,1912 (Cap 262);
(b) ask a witness to endorse on the face of the request that “the request was read to the applicant in the language the applicant understands and the applicant appeared to have understood the content of the request; and
(c) ask the applicant to make a thumbprint or mark on the request.
(5) Where an application does not sufficiently describe the information required, the GSA shall inform the applicant and offer the applicant the necessary assistance to identify the information.
(6) Where a public institution receives an application for access, part of which is exempt, the information officer shall disclose to the applicant as much of the information as can reasonably be separated without disclosing the exempt part.