Metrology is the science of measurement. The Metrology Division of the Ghana Standards Authority is the custodian of the Weights and Measures Decree, NCRD 326, 1975 in Ghana. National primary Standards are traceable to the Dentscher Kalibrierdienst (DKD) Laboratories in Germany. It undertakes activities in Legal, Scientific and Industrial Metrology towards the development of a national measurement scheme to support Science, Industry and Commerce.
Scope of Work
- Mass measurements – weights, balances & weigh bridges
- Flow measurements – storage tanks / flow meters
- Dimensional / Linear measurements
- Pressure and force measurements
- Crane testing
- Temperature measurements
- Electrical parameters measurements
- Time and Frequency measurements
Apart from the above activities the Metrology Division also provide Technical Advisory/Consultancy services to government, public institutions and industrial establishments on all aspects of measurements.