The main focus of the Industrial Support Department is to help fulfil GSA’s mandate of promoting standardization for the improvement of the quality of goods, services and sound management, environmental and safety practices in industries and public institutions by providing training to industry.
We believe training and re-training is one of the important ways of keeping any institution/industry relevant in the 21st century.
Our tutors are seasoned practitioners with several years of experience. In several instances, these tutors have represented Ghana in the drafting of these Standards at international forums.
Our current areas of training include
- Quality Management Systems
- Food Safety Management System / HACCP
- Environmental Management Systems
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Laboratory Management
- Medical Laboratories Management
- Information Security Management Systems
- Basic metrology training for fuel pump mechanics
- Good Hygienic Practices in the food industry
- Tailor made training
Why The Need For Training
- Reduced turnover of employees
- Increased quality of employees
- Motivates employees
- Reduced wastage
- Reduced downtime
- Well trained employees improve profitability
- Improves competitiveness of company
- Helps fulfil regulatory requirements